The use of vCards (electronic business cards) can make exchange of one’s personal information much easier and more efficient. Including an option to download your vCard in your email signature line is a quick, easy option that you should consider.
- Option One :: Add it as a hyperlink to a remotely-stored vCard file, so that recipients can easily download it into their Address Books. This is the method I recommend, and you simply follow these steps:
- Select the desired text in your email signature;
- Control-click on it;
- Select the new Edit Link option; and
- Enter the web address where your vCard is stored.
- Option Two :: Export your card from Address Book and drag into the desired signature
pane of Mail’s preferences, which send your vCard with every signed
email. (Note: This method will make your emals larger and can slow their transmission.)
Here is my new and improved Mail.app signature:
J. Benjamin Stevens
Stevens – MacPhail, P.A.
1188 Asheville Highway
Spartanburg, SC 29303
(864) 598-9172 or (800) 897-8856
Email: [email protected]
Family Law blog: www.SCFamilyLaw.com
Family Law website: www.StevensFirm.com
Mac Legal Technology blog: www.TheMacLawyer.com
Personal Injury blog: www.SCPILaw.com