Hot on the heels of the stunning iPad comes the new MacBook Air – needless to say, it’s generating a positive buzz in the laptop and netbook market. Apple has outdone itself this time; not so often do you see so much packed into such a tiny and sleek package. So if you’re looking for reasons to bring the new MacBook Air home, here they are:
- It’s the lightest notebook ever built – at 2.3 pounds for the 11 inch model and 2.8 pounds for the 13 inch version, no wonder it’s been named Air.
- It’s also pretty darn thin – I doubt anyone could have even imagined a notebook that’s only 0.68 inch thick.
- It has flash storage, 256 GB of it (starts from 64 GB); so you don’t have to worry about hard disk crashes or slow boot times. The MacBook Air is not just as light as air, it’s also as fast as the wind.
- You can now own an Apple notebook for under $1,000 – the smaller version retails at $999 and is a pretty good buy for a netbook. Even the pricier models are not expensive when you consider that they’re from Apple; in fact, they’re cheaper than most other notebooks in the same category, and yet lighter and thinner with longer battery life. So with the MacBook Air, you’re sure to get bang for your buck.
- The battery life is incredible – a standby time of 30 whole days, and 5 hours of usage time for the 11.6 inch version and 7 hours for its 13.3 inch counterpart.
- Double your memory size at purchase for just $100 – this option holds good for both models.
- With the App store for Macs being announced, the MacBook Air allows you to install programs from the store and outside of it – in short, you don’t have to worry if applications have been approved by Apple to install them on your new notebook.
- The multi-touch track pad has no buttons, so you can click anywhere on the pad and use your fingers to move windows around on your screen.
- The new design looks absolutely amazing; if looks could kill, this one would.
- It’s the latest and greatest thing from Apple.
So if you’ve been sulking all these days because you haven’t been able to buy the iPad, the MacBook Air more than makes up for any disappointment you may have felt. It’s as sexy as the iPad, and packs in a whole lot more. The only choice you need to make is if you want the 11.6 inch or the 13.3 inch model – but then again, you tend to wish you could take home both.