ABA TECHSHOW is the world’s leading legal technology conference, which is presented annually by the ABA Law Practice Division. Last year was my first time attending with my husband/law partner, Ben Stevens, who has been a presenter at TECHSHOW for the last 7 years (and, hopefully, many more to come).
While I knew I would gain more knowledge in three days about legal technology than I could ever imagine, I was not prepared for the sheer volume of “freebies” or “swag” one could also gain from the plethora of legal technology vendors and service providers who exhibit every year, also. When I came home last year, Ben asked me to pen a quick blog post about a First Time Attendee’s Experience, which included a section on my favorite swag.
With another wonderful experience at TECHSHOW behind me, I find myself not only reviewing pages of notes on new apps, software, products and techniques for using the products and apps I already own, I am also surveying the landscape of swag which surrounds me. As I was exploring the Expo Hall this year, I thought originally I could narrow down my favorites to the Top 5, but it’s just not possible with all the wonderful treats from this year’s conference, so I’ve listed my Top 10 below:
1. Mini Leatherman Tool from Viivo
2. Car Dash Phone Holder from UberConference
3. Back Massager from SurePayroll
4. Portable Power Bank from ABA Law Practice Division
5. iPhone Amplifier from eDepoze
6. Water Bottle & Retractible Multi-Charger from MyCase
7. Clock Man Card/Note Holder from MindShift
8. Wireless Mouse from CDW
9. Coffee Cup from Accellis
10. New “retro-style” T-Shirt & “Heroic Lawyering” Book from RocketMatter